Card Types

Today I made sure that all of the card types were rendering correctly, not only in Display Deck but also on the Verify page.  I also made it so that a user can choose the type of card they want from a drop-down menu.

I decided that it might be a good idea to get rid of the Verify page, and to instead show an "in-progress" card on the form page.  This is also a good way to show off what React can do, because it can update itself as the user changes their mind.  Of course, they would have to select a type of card before anything else would work (because the CSS styling depends on the type of card to know placement,) so that would be a point that needed a new error message.

Another big accomplishment for me today was that I changed my single CSS file into multiple smaller SCSS files.  This was really helpful when I realized that all of my card images were a couple of pixels off from each other, leading to a lot of CSS rules just to display a single card. 

I'm going to try and learn about Jest next.  Besides, what good is a website if you can't test it?

Comments