First Jest Test!

Today I wrote my first Jest test.  It wasn't complicated or anything, but it's still more than I knew yesterday! The main thing I did today was my homework for Launch Academy.  It was fun alternating between Ruby (which is what my homework covers) and Javascript. 

As far as App improvements go, I added a card preview to my DesignForm, so that users can see what they are making while doing so.  That gets rid of the need for a VerifyCard page, but the highlight of that page is that I had a button set up with an onClick to save the card to the JSON file, and also a Link to the Deck page.  I'm not sure how to combine the Link effects with my onSubmit() function, so that will be a job for another day. 

Also, my form needs a little more CSS love to be more adaptable to window-size changes.  At full-screen the preview card floats beautifully to the right, and at half-screen the preview card is centered with the form underneath it, but in between sizes it floats to the left even after the form is no longer on its left (making the whole page look very strange.)

As a whole, though, the App looks much more useful now that there is a card preview and the Deck is displayed looking like actual Dominion cards.  Ideally I would like to be able to click on a card from the Deck and have it displayed full screen (like a user would do while they were playing a game using it) so that is on my To-Do list, too.

In Summary, my To-Do List (in no particular order):
- Keep up with my homework
- Learn more about Jest
- Fix how window re-sizing changes the Form format
- Have each card generate its own page when clicked

Lots of work cut out for me (can't wait!)

Comments