Layering Objects in CSS

Today I spent a lot of time playing around in CSS to try and get my cards to look like real Dominion cards.  This involved a lot of layering of divs, and minute pixel changes.  There is a pretty big community of people who design their own Dominion cards, so I was able to find a blank background relatively easily.  From there, it was a matter of making sure that each portion of the card is entered where it should be.

My biggest issue right now is that things don't scale correctly if the screen is minimized past the width of a card - I could set each card's `min-width`, but I'd rather go in and try to set all of my pixel requirements to percentages.  Percentages should (theoretically) scale accurately with everything, so that the card can be moved as a single unit.

Once all of the percentages are set, I'll make it so that the user can select a 'type' of card to design, which will change the look of the finished card.

Comments