Heroku

This past weekend, my brother and I went through the Heroku docs and modified the files within my app until it matched up with what Heroku required for deployment.  Voila!  I have an app: Dominion Card Designer.

You may notice that the url is slightly better than gibberish - that's my next project.  I bought the domain 'msgalenwhite.com', and will be working with Google's Docs to set up a redirect from that site to the app.  I will also be going through Heroku's Docs to try and change the actual url to something a little better than "Stark-reef-22221."

What I did today was something that I've been looking forward to for a while.  Now that the basic function of my site works, I want to upgrade the Card Designer Form.  I had been thinking for a while about having things like Cost, Actions and Buys as input fields with up and down arrows, so people on mobile could hit a button to increase something, rather than having to input so many numbers using their phone's keyboard.  Today I designed my Up and Down fields and applied some CSS to make them what I envisioned.  They don't have any real functionality yet, but that will be the next step, and shouldn't involve much more than passing down the same props I had previously been sending to my TextInputField component.

The up and down icons will need an onClick handler to adjust the value within the input section, but that shouldn't be too hard to do.  I also have to decide whether I want to keep the number itself as an input field (so that people can type in a value if they wish) or whether having only up and down buttons is reasonable.

Edit: I was able to change the app's name on Heroku, so I wanted to make sure the link here remained valid.  Now it's better than "stark-reef" but still not appearing on my own domain.  Strangely enough, Facebook will not let me post my Heroku link - they keep saying my posts are spam and/or violate the Community Guidelines.  Does anyone know why?

Comments