Wow, it works!

I mentioned in my last post that I had realized I didn't need to have all of my RSVP functionality in place in order to deploy my app - I just needed a "dummy page" that would act as a placeholder, while still giving enough information to be worth distributing the website.  Today I took that one step further, and created a minimal version of my final site (basically a list of links that take you to static pages with information.) Once I have the full RSVP site up and running, I can either re-direct from my domain to the new app (rather than the minimal app) or even put the RSVP portion as a completely separate, contained app!

The Main Page's link to "RSVP" can show my static page until July 1st (the deadline I've given myself to have the site completed) and then I can have it redirect to the new app (complete with databases via ActiveRecord!)

I'm feeling pretty good about this choice.  The funniest thing about it is that it shows how much more comfortable I have become with React and ReactRouter!  Instead of stressing about not having full functionality set up (especially considering that it requires new technologies that I still have to learn) I used my 're-useable react components' and created a site I could give out on my invitations.

Comments