Preparing for the end of Launch Academy

There are four weeks left in my time at Launch Academy, before I start the job application process and officially become a Junior Developer.  Next week we will be doing group projects, which will be run as a simulated work environment with one of our teachers as our Project Manager. During that time I will also be mapping out the gameplan for my 'breakable toy,' or my capstone project.  

The most exciting part of this weekend has been reading Launch Academy's documentation for github, and coming to the realization that my past history with github is nowhere near 'best practices.'  This might not sound very exciting to anyone else, but it's always great to connect pieces of a puzzle that have always not-quite fit together.  Git branching is a simple process that git tries to streamline as much as possible, but it seems like every website had its own explanation and workflow.  An advantage to using git for our group project over the next couple of weeks is that we will be forced to all use git in the same way (as I imagine would be the case with any company I worked for.)  It will be my first real experience to working on a project with other people, which is a much more realistic representation of the eventual workplace than starting from a blank file and doing things by yourself.  

Our group project will be in Rails and React, and fully tested.  It will be really fun to see what we end up with!

Comments