First Coding Assessment

Today was a big milestone for me - I completed my first coding assessment as part of an interview process.  It was 25 minutes of just me and the computer, sharing my screen and trying to type comments of my thought process so the person watching my assessment later isn't just watching a static screen as I thought about the best way to go about it.  My solution wasn't very elegant, but I think it did solve the problem.

The best part about the whole coding assessment--even though I was nervous about 25 minutes deciding whether or not a company would want to continue the interview process--was that it was still fun!  Regardless of whether my solution was correct or not, or whether my thought process was sufficient to allow me to continue on in the interview process, I really enjoy writing code.  That's what it all comes down to, and I am so lucky that I have the opportunity to make money doing something that I enjoy this much.

Comments